Companies in the city of Sacramento are preparing to prepare the ground for more live entertainment. Tuesday, the municipal council approved changes to rationalize entertainment permits, which allows small businesses to more easily welcome live music. It is an opportunity that small businesses like Katie Copper were waiting. “We just want to offer our customers options for entertainment,” said Cooper. The idea of a new entertainment permit for small businesses was raised for the first time in March of last year as part of a plan to bring more music and other acts to Sacramento. Now, more than a year later, it’s a reality. Before that, small places like cafes had to use the same permit as large discos, a process that can take a lot of time and work. “We couldn’t do it. We couldn’t allow ourselves,” said Cooper. “It’s too complicated.” The “limited entertainment license” is a new option for companies with an occupation of less than 300 people. Entertainment hours end until 10 p.m. on weekdays and 11 p.m. on weekends. “Be able to afford this type of permit and not have to worry about it, it would be a very big monkey off Our back for a back economy for the city. The time, because the city’s entertainment process has not changed for more than 20 years. Tuesday evening, the Council has officially agreed. The municipal council must always establish the costs associated with the permit. The program should be launched in May. See more coverage of California. Here | Download our application | Subscribe to our morning newsletter |
Companies in the city of Sacramento are preparing to prepare the ground for more live entertainment.
Tuesday, the municipal council approved changes to rationalize entertainment permits, which facilitates the reception of live music for small businesses.
It is an opportunity that small business owners like Katie Copper were waiting.
“We just want to offer our customers options for entertainment,” said Cooper.
The idea of a new entertainment permit for small businesses was first raised in March of last year As part of a plan to bring more music and other acts to Sacramento. Now, more than a year later, it’s a reality.
Before that, small places like cafes had to use the same permit as large discos, a process that can take a lot of time and work.
“We couldn’t do that. We couldn’t afford,” said Cooper. “It’s too complicated.”
The “limited entertainment license” is a new option for companies with an occupation of less than 300 people.
Entertainment hours end until 10 p.m. on weekdays and 11 p.m. on weekends.
“Being able to allow yourself this kind of permit and not have to worry about it would be a very big monkey on our backs,” said Cooper.
The plan was supported by the director of the city’s night economy, Tina Lee-Vogt.
She argued that it was time, because the city’s process for entertainment has not changed for over 20 years. Tuesday evening, the Council officially accepted.
The municipal council must always establish the costs associated with the permit.
The program should be launched in May.
See more coverage of the best stories from California here | Download our application | Subscribe to our morning newsletter | Find us on YouTube here and subscribe to our channel