An accusation of aggression causing bodily lesions was suspended against a suspect accused of pushing a 93 -year -old man in the Chinese Vancouver district during a strange attack captured on a security video in the fall of 2022.
A bench mandate was issued for Henry Paul Wiens on April 22, 2024, when he did not attend the court on the first day of his trial.
Certain information was then provided to the Crown, according to the British Columbia (BCPS) accusation service, and therefore the remaining dates of the trial was canceled.

Get daily national news
Get the best news of the day, the titles of political, economic and current affairs, delivered in your reception box once a day.
“The crown was able to do independent investigations on this information and led the suspension of procedures in the court register on April 23, 2024,” said lawyer for BCPS, Damienne Darby, in an email.
Darby said the decision to suspend the accusation was made after more information had been received by the prosecutor with the conduct of the file.
“After examining this information and the rest of the file documents, the prosecutor concluded that the standard of approval approval was no longer respected,” wrote Darby.
In February 2023, Vancouver police issued an arrest warrant across the province for Wiens, after being charged during the assault on October 11, 2022 near the hands and Pender streets.
At the time, the police said that the 93 -year -old victim, a long -standing resident in the neighborhood, went to a bakery when he was pushed to the ground by a stranger and suffered a broken hip.
Several witnesses stopped to help the senior who needs hospitalization, and the police then published a security video of the incident.
Wiens was arrested 10 days after the province’s mandate is issued.
& Copy 2025 Global News, A Division of Corus Entertainment Inc.