Calgary police confirms that a man died after an officer was involved in a shooting in the red carpet section of the Penbrooke Meadows district on Wednesday morning.
The agents arrived on the scene just before 11 a.m. and were then seen by typing an area near certain mobile houses in the Calgary Village mobile house park.
Calgary police recorded an area of Penbrooke Meadows following what they said to be a shooting involving an officer on Wednesday, February 19, 2025.
Global News
“CPS was called in block 6200 of the 17th avenue SE for information reporting a domestic incident within a residence involving a person in crisis,” said Kevin Dyrgus, sergeant of staff interim. With the Calgary police.
“When the police arrived, a man left the residence with a knife and ran to the police.”
Dyrgus said that an officer had shot the man, while another shot him with a firearm.
The man was declared dead on the scene, where the police said that a knife had been recovered.

Get daily national news
Get the best news of the day, the titles of political, economic and current affairs, delivered in your reception box once a day.
Investigators said no officer was injured in the shooting.
There is no information on man, that he lived at home or how many other people may have been involved.
Journalists at the scene saw an elderly man treated by EMS, whom Dyrgus confirmed was also at home at the time of the incident.
The ALBERTA serious incident response team (ASIrt) resumes the investigation. The police were on the scene until Wednesday afternoon, holding the region until the investigators arrived.
Calgary police recorded an area of Penbrooke Meadows following what they said to be a shooting involving an officer on Wednesday, February 19, 2025.
Global News
The neighbor Richard Woodford only lives in a house of houses from the house.
“We came back from the shopping center around 11:30 am and came across all police vehicles and a traffic line on the main road,” he said.
“We didn’t know what was going on. The police let us pass the barricade and we went home. »»
Woodford says he had to show the police his identity document before he was let go and when he returned to seek himself, they also completed his street.
“I walked on the road and I went to the other side of the fence at the corner of the street. I saw all the vehicles, an ambulance, EMS, but no one told us anything. »»
Woodford did not discover what happened when he spoke to Global News.
“We had no problem like this here in the park (mobile). We had no idea that something like it would happen. »»
Woodford and his wife have lived in the region for about three years and believe that it is a good community.
“We look at all the properties of others, there is never a problem.”
However,, He also said he was not surprised.
“There have been many incidents and problems in the area (Penbrooke Meadows) with shots and people with weapons, etc.
“But on the other hand, I did not think it would be with the neighbors.”
Woodford says he does not think that the incident will affect his perception of his community of origin.
“They have the security that takes place regularly here … all those who live here seem to be happy and we hear each other with each other.”
Asirt confirmed their survey on Global News, but did not provide more details.
& Copy 2025 Global News, A Division of Corus Entertainment Inc.